Ok so your gutter cleaning is done! But do you need Roof Repairs? Or do you need gutter repairs or replacement? What about repairing of cracked, leaking roof tiles? Is water leaking into your roof space?
Why get your Gutters Repaired?
- Safety hazard as it could drop and injure someone.
- Aesthetically displeasing.
- Not performing its function properly of gathering roof water and channeling down the downpipe.
The roof is a very important part of a house as it protects everything underneath! We have much experience in gutter repairs and roof maintenance! It is important to get any problem fixed quickly before more rain comes! We are your local Sydney Eastern Suburbs servicemen. We can help diagnose faults and leaks in your gutter system and recommend repairs.
Sometimes only the brackets will need replacing. This is a relatively simple process and not very expensive. However if the gutter is warped, twisted or corroded then it will need replacement. Along with replacing your gutters, sometimes this is a good opportunity to install gutter guard.
There is nothing worse than a leaking roof. Once the water gets into the ceiling space it will cause untold damage. This is serious because it can affect the entire structure of the home. Anything made of certain types of wood or plasterboard will be prone to rot and warp. Not to mention electrical systems among other things.
Reasons for water getting into your ceiling space
- Overfull Gutters causing water to back up and flow into ceiling space
- Blocked downpipes, causing the same
- Cracked Roof tile allowing water to leak in
- Cracked or degraded roof cement which binds the ridging to the tiles
- A Valley which has corroded
- Metal flashing which has come loose.
These are some of the most common causes of a leaking roof. Most are fairly easy to fix. To fix a cracked tile we can simply identify it (some cracks are subtle) and replace it if you have a spare. Or we can use silicon to thoroughly seal up the existing cracked tile. Or if the tile is beyond repair and there is no space, we can use metal flashing to fill in the gap.
Types of Gutters
- Half round – these are like a half round pipe
- K style – these have a flat bottom and back but the front is shaped decoratively
- Stainless Steel
You may want to get your gutters cleaned first before any repairs take place. If you want to DIY then check out our how to guide.
For Sydney Gutter Cleaning, roof and gutter repairs please call us! We service the Eastern Suburbs and Inner West areas and the North Shore.
Call Today for a Free Quotation 0413164375